Any readers from England who agree or disagree with Big Brother reality?

Any readers from England who agree or disagree with Big Brother reality?

Please let us know if you think this article is on target, exaggerated ... or hasn't gone far enough.

 http://www.activistpost.com/2012/04/21-signs-that-uk-is-being-transformed.html

Re: Any readers from England who agree or disagree with Big Brother reality?

Nathan Allonby
Britain, Europe and USA are on a common path, via the "Euro-Atlantic Area of Cooperation on Peace Justice and Security" - no-one should imagine that the US or Europe are going somewhere different to Britain.

We should remember that Britain and the US have cooperated very closely in surveillance-eavesdropping, with Britain spying on Americans (where, under the constitution, US agencies are not allowed to) and vice versa, and exchanging the information gathered. This is where security cooperation began - mutual attack on civil liberties.

You note the use of Geo-Time by British police for digital eavesdropping "which tracks suspects' movements and communications ... gathered from social networking sites, GPS devices like the iPhone, mobile phones, financial transactions and IP network logs to build a detailed picture of an individual's movements" but the emphasis should be on the initial part of the statement: - London's "Metropolitan Police has bought Geotime, a security programme used by the U.S. military". In other words, Britain is borrowing the technology developed by the US Homeland Security industry.

Similar remarks could be made about most of the ideas, approaches and technologies discussed in this article. This is not saying Britain is better or worse than anyone else, rather, we are "all in the same boat together".

What is certainly true is that the situation is dynamic and progressing. Most of the examples given in the article are extreme rather than typical, however, they do happen, they are legal and they are becoming more common. What begins as an isolated case eventually becomes the norm.

Surveillance technology is developing very quickly. For example, Britain has a lot of CCTV cameras, but at present 95% are in isolated systems, making recordings. If the police want to see images from isolated systems, e.g. in shops, they have to request a recording, which could take several days. The big change (which could happen within the next 2 years) is that these will be networked together, so that police can see live images, as things happen, transmitted by wi-fi technology.

At present, there are never enough staff to watch the cameras but soon, artificial intelligence systems will watch them all, all the time. More than that, face-recognition and RFID systems will identify each person seen by the cameras, and make a log of where and when. Intelligent camera systems will piece together every image, every time each person was seen by a camera,making a complete record or every person's movements. Systems of this scope have already been implemented in China, in cities such as Wuhan.

China is the model we should be looking at, as our warning: - the surveillance, the coerced social conformity, the totalitarian society.

The question we should really be asking is: how can we stop this?

Although we seem to have been stripped of our rights, most of these measures are implemented at a local level, both in Britain and the US. For example, CCTV systems are generally implemented at a local level, by local councils, under the direction of local police. Local measures are accessible to democratic pressure, by manageable numbers of people.
jgc

Big brother has forever changed the USof A:  I belong to one of the few groups on the planet that will survive whatever man or nature throws at them. That's not bragging thats a belief system. Any one who does not become a part of some group that can collectively take care of one another is doomed to be chewed up and spit out of the rear end of this crazy world. Anyone who cannot correctly read the near future, [twelve hrs. to twelve years] will not be afraid enough to do what needs to be done. Most people will be swept along by events they are pasively waiting to over take them. What a privledge to live through these changing times, what a hell hole it's going to turn into for those who will not see the need to prepare for a system thats soon going to collapse. There will only be safety in numbers, those who remain independent minded, loners, will feed someone in need, probably at gun point. J.Clark
Tom

Re: Any readers from England who agree or disagree with Big Brother reality?

Tom
Ever since the phoney 'War on terror' was declared,there has been a steady erosion of our civil liberties in Britain,in the name of keeping us 'safe' from the terrorists.It is now clear to many that 9/11 was in all likelihood a 'false-flag'attack on America enabled by the most senior levels of the Bush/Cheney administration to justify the invasion of Iraq and 10 years of military occupation of Afghanistan and the increasingly swift implementation of the Orwellian society that modern surveillance technology has now made possible in a way that would have shocked Orwell himself. "Habeus Corpus "the bedrock of English Law that has  guaranteed our fundamental rights to a fair trial by jury since 1215 has been seriously undermined by changes to our law since Britain ratified the Lisbon Treaty that has rendered us subordinate to EU dictats and laws and rulings that an UNELECTED EU Commission decide upon.With the passing into U.S.Law of the NDAA Act,it now seems that the United States and The European Union are in danger of of becoming technologically sophisticated police-states where ,in the eventuality of a national 'emergency',the governments have already prepared the way for repression and loss of liberty for the majority.
The greatest threat to our lives and freedoms is the abuse of power by corrupt governments whose secret controllers are the Federal Reserve 'banksters' whose tightening grip on the executive both sides of the Atlantic is stifling economic recovery and competition.The monetary sytem has been turned into a system of gross exploitation and manipulation of humanity.The  mainstream media outlets have stifled public debate about 9/11 and  freedoms  that we once took for granted have already begun to vanish.
Since the new year,the U.S. President has passed into law the NDAA Act that allows for the indefinite detention without trial or charge for any U.S. citizen suspected of being an enemy of the state .
That could theoretically mean any one of us could be disappeared just on suspicion alone.
Having recently been accosted ,wrestled to the ground and then detained by a police officer here in Scotland on the basis of a false accusation,i am now facing a possible criminal conviction.The Police in Britain have been transformed into a corrupt instrument of oppression .At least in the U.S. the citizenry can bear arms in self-defence.Here in the U.K. the law-abiding and tax-paying majority are defenceless,whilst the criminal gangs,the landowning elite,the police and armed forces have all the weapons and therefore they call the shots-literally and metaphorically.It is time that ordinary people who don't where uniforms or shoot pheasants for fun had the right of self-defence.It is significant that one of the first acts of the NAZI government in Germany was to prohibit the general public from keeping weapons.In Britain the Tories banned guns except under special licence and now
apparently the U.S. administration is trying to persuade pastors to convince their flocks to hand over their weapons as well.Wake up ,before it's too late!

Re: Any readers from England who agree or disagree with Big Brother reality?

Knower
I agree that Britain has changed a great deal over the past few decades, and I don't like the changes, but nevertheless what happens in Britain will happen all over the world.  In the past people here would say, "what happens in the USA will happen in the UK soon after."  Well, there is much that has been happening in the UK (mainly I believe in the south east of England and especially London) which will happen everywhere else, including the US very shortly.

I have been of the opinon that the island of Britain is a "fractal" form of the way Europe, and in bigger terms "global Earth" reacts.  As people in high positions of influence become every entrenched in our governmental systems and almost brazenly determine to destroy this island, its reputation, and its unique togetherness whilst remaining very different in all of the islands parts, I see exactly the same things happening on a bigger scale throughout Europe, and inevitably the world as a whole.  Unfortunately those same people are "mentally myopic" and the problems their decisions are creating are invisible to their mindsets.  To control the errors of the inner mental visionary mind is only possible if the rest of the people surrounding these mentally myopic minds inform and then are acknowledged and listened to.  In the past, public opinion mattered, but today those in charge are ignoring public opinion with an arrogance and childishness that knows no bounds. The programme is being changed for changes sake and for the worse, not the better.