Two baby boomers, a parrot, & a French bulldog save the world

Two baby boomers, a parrot, & a French bulldog save the world

Your support could win you a cameo in an upcoming environmental graphic novel

Will a major oil company's greed and foolishness spawn an environmental disaster so serious it could threaten the earth itself? And can this horror be foiled by a most unusual team; two baby boomers, a parrot and a French bulldog? They're the ones who must take on a greedy oil company to save the world. That's the plot of this new graphic novel, The Big Belch.

The Big Belch is an environmental protest formatted as a graphic novel, but it isn't dour. Humor can work best sometimes when approaching even serious issues. The wrongheaded drive to drill for oil at the expense of everything else is pretty darn serious.

Sincerely,
Kay Wood

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/704467087/the-big-belch-graphic-novel

Re: Two baby boomers, a parrot, & a French bulldog save the world

Xavier
Hi,

We are launching our very own crowdfunding campaign for our company Protos Eyewear to crowdfund custom fit eyewear made via 3D printing and we would love your help and support in any way, shape or form. Kickstarter no longer allows eyewear so we have to work extra hard to get the word out. If you would like to write about our compelling project then please check out our crowdfunding press kit page here: http://protoseyewear.com/press

We would be forever grateful if you shared our project with your readers, friends, or whoever you think would be interested as we prepare for our launch!

Sincerely,

Xavier
Protos Eyewear

Re: Two baby boomers, a parrot, & a French bulldog save the world

From Author Kay Wood - The Big Belch:

You might be interested to know that the book is nearly done (got a proof and am making corrections) and that you might want to comment about our current fossil fuel policies.

With The Big Belch I’m trying in an offbeat and entertaining way to inform an audience outside the environmental activist community about climate change and the insanity of getting so much of our energy from fossil fuels. A lot has to be done, in a variety of ways, and in a many media, to reach people about the dangers. As the Pew Research Center has found, climate change comes at the bottom of the list of people’s concerns in nearly every poll.

In the back of The Big Belch graphic novel there will be a section discussing climate change and appropriate means to address its dangers. As I'm getting very close to finishing the novel, I’m looking for comments/information to be included in this section.

http://thebigbelch.weebly.com/

@thebigbelch