What Defines Fascism? And has it officially come to America?

What Defines Fascism? And has it officially come to America?

Re: What Defines Fascism? And has it officially come to America?

ellzeena
I have a problem with items 5, 8 and 11.

5:  Women are NOT SERVED by the Roe v. Wade precedent.  In fact, far from it.  Not only are women not served, but men are given a free pass.  MANY women (statistically significant) who get abortions suffer emotional and psychological trauma as a result and a statistically significant number of women suffer physical damage from abortion (and sometimes death, yes, death).  I was part of the generation that led the "free love" philosophy: HUGE mistake.  When life is devalued on one level, it is DEVALUED ON ALL LEVELS.  Wake up.

8:  Religion and "ruling elite" are HARDLY tied together.  The Obama administration is presently FORCING those who oppose abortion to fund it via health insurance.  THIS IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

"A perception was manufactured that opposing the power elite was tantamount to an attack on religion."

Sorry to stir your bucket but this HAPPENS TO BE TRUE.  It is NOT "manufactured".  There IS an attack on belief in God in our nation and it's a huge error.

11,  "To these regimes, art and literature should serve the national interest or they had no right to exist."  This does not stand up under examination in our present day.  Art and literature are not being targeted in a manner that indicates totalitarian agendas.  In fact, it appears to me that "art", in particular, is being used to further assault religious belief.

I was in Spain when Franco was still at the helm.  I was a kid.  I got off a plane from Rome and stepped into a world that was 50 years prior to the one I had been born into.  The airport was a shack, the "customs" official was visibly disturbed by my passport.  I was told the next day that women "do not wear pants here" and saw, first hand, what Fascism does to a people and a place (and THIS was BARCELONA!)  There was visible abject poverty, there were severely limited "freedoms" even to my young eyes.  It was SO BAD that my boyfriend (whom I met up with in Barcelona after spending time by myself in Europe) and I decided to skip Majorca and go directly to Paris.