Writing Contest Entry #105: Gratitude – The Greatest Attitude

Writing Contest Entry #105: Gratitude – The Greatest Attitude

Rusty Hamilton
Activist Post

I have learned through my experiences of trying to teach and learn unconditional Love that it is almost impossible for me to teach or help another being directly. The most important way that I teach unconditional Love is by being it, and expressing it through my radiation of the realization of Oneness. What most people believe Love to be is not really Love at all, but more like a fair trade agreement; so long as you fulfill my needs and live up to my expectations I will give you my approval and try to do the same for you. And, in the case of romantic love, even that wonderful feeling of "love at first sight" is not love, but a flow of the emotion we call joy that opens up within us through our emotional body or what has been called the chakra system, and this flow is dependent upon need and expectation fulfillment as well.

Love itself is not an emotion, but the power of energy in motion. It is one half of what the bible calls the "word" and the other half is Light. When you remove time and space, or the concept of duality they are both the same thing. I share my truths freely because the best way to learn is to teach, and all learning is simply remembering, and I teach/learn/remember in order to allow my soul, the greatest part of me, to unfold or flower within me. My hope is that you will use my teaching as a catalyst to motivate you to go within and find your own truth.

It has been said that the greatest attitude is gratitude and, in my opinion, no truer words were ever spoken. I learned this first hand in the last several years, which I have spent at a remote camp in Louisiana, on the edge of the Honey Island Swamp. This camp doesn’t have the modern conveniences of electricity, or indoor running water, but thankfully is blessed with an outdoor artesian flow well out back and a scenic river flowing through the front yard. It is one of the few waterfront areas that haven’t been bought up by the rich, and one of the few places where poor people can come to relax and unwind without being hasseled by the police.

These poor people are sometimes drawn here like moths to a flame. For the most part they are seeking to escape the mundane reality of mundane human consciousness through partying and the use of mind altering substances. They aren’t interested in my teachings or my mind altering meditations, so I just radiate the realization of oneness and unconditional Love, and honor and respect their free will right to make their own choices.

However, it wasn’t always this way. At first I tried to teach them, but I was just learning to teach which might more correctly be called teaching to learn. I tried to shower them with what I thought was love, which was really my own sense of self righteousness. I cooked for them, let them use my dishes, utensils, facilities and whatever else they needed. The only thing they brought with them was alcohol and drugs.

They used to take bowls or plates of food to wherever they happened to be gathered, and when they were through eating they just dropped the bowls, plates, and utensils on the ground and forgot about them. The next day I would take a wagon and pull it around the property gathering up the dishes, which I washed at the flow well to have ready for the next party.

This became a chore that really began to get on my nerves. That and the fact that everyone took advantage of me and my “good graces”, and never brought their own toilet paper or napkins or anything besides alcohol and drugs, and I don’t use either. Because of my meditations and my inner work, I realized that I had created this situation myself. I realized that it was not possible for me to heal or help them until I had first healed and helped myself.

I turned the chore of gathering and washing the dishes into an exercise in gratitude. I began to gather the dishes, and as I washed them, I projected love into them and thanked them for the service they provided to me and everyone else. The more I did this the more my attitude changed, and the more my attitude changed, the more joy I received and I began to look forward to my daily exercise in gratitude.

I began to see that appreciation through the attitude of gratitude was raising, or increasing my vibrations and leading me to a higher awareness of myself, my life and my world. This practice eventually led me to the understanding that everything is made up of the intelligent energy of the Source, and that my appreciation of the intelligent energy contained in dishes, utensils, or human beings was raising the vibrations of all of the above, including myself.

This realization led me to the understanding that, Intelligent Energy, whether it looks like me or looks like something else, is all part of Original Thought/Infinite Thinker, which is what I AM, therefore anything outside of me, no matter how it looks or how it may act, is part of me, part of who and what I AM, and all of me is worthy of the Unconditional Love and Interdependence of Unity that I AM.

The path to our destination is not a straight line, or linear, but is a spiral, and we must learn to flow with the spiral, and learn that we have an inner navigator who knows the way, and learn to trust that inner navigator and go with the flow. This is the true meaning of obedience, humbling oneself and becoming obedient to the greater self who chose our path before it projected us into this dimension of experience. It has all the data, most of which we are missing, and our “need” to be in control is what causes the necessity for “bursts of emotional energy and “attitude adjustments”.

One of my favorite authors is Richard Bach. His books were responsible for awakening me to the process of embracing infinity (God) through abstract thought. There is a parable in his book “Illusions - The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah” that fits perfectly here.

“Once there lived a village of creatures along the bottom of a great crystal river. The current of the river swept silently over them all – young and old, rich and poor, good and evil, the current going its own way, knowing only its own crystal self. Each creature in its own manner clung tightly to the twigs and rocks of the river bottom, for clinging was their way of life, and resisting the current what each had learned from birth. But one creature said at last, ‘I am tired of clinging. Though I cannot see it with my eyes, I trust that the current knows where it is going. I shall let go, and let the current take me where it will. Clinging, I shall die of boredom.’ The other creatures laughed and said ‘Fool! Let go, and that current you worship will throw you tumbled and smashed across the rocks, and you will die quicker than boredom!’ But the one heeded them not, and taking a breath did let go, and at once was tumbled and smashed by the current across the rocks. Yet in time, as the creature refused to cling again, the current lifted him free from the bottom, and he was bruised and hurt no more. And the creatures downstream, to whom he was a stranger cried, ‘See a miracle! A creature like ourselves, yet he flies! See the Messiah come to save us all!’ And the one carried in the current said, ‘I am no more messiah than you. The river delights to lift us free, if only we dare to let go. Our true work is this voyage, this adventure.’ But they cried the more, ‘Saviour!’ all the while clinging to the rocks, and when they looked again he was gone, and they were left alone making legends of a Saviour.”

The “moral” of this story is that – you are all the “Messiahs “ and “Saviours” for which you have waited and longed. And you are all the antichrists which you have dreaded and feared. The Great Crystal River that we call Spirit is an energetic current that flows within, through, and around every one of us. It knows where it is going and we do not. Our need to be in control is what keeps us from naturally flowing with the current, and is a product of the fear, distrust, and mysterious ignorance of the ego or sub-human sub-consciousness.

This submission has been entered into a contest to win 2 premium tickets + $500 for travel to see David Icke at Wembley Arena, London -- October 27, 2012.  If you like this article, please share it far and wide, as the winner will be determined by the total number of pageviews acquired before the end of the contest on June 15th.  For additional details about submissions, please visit our Contest Page.

BUY TICKETS HERE